Frontier Lifeline Hospital’s experienced cardiac catheterization team performs procedures using stents, balloons, and other cutting-edge devices to repair damaged or open blocked blood vessels of the heart or body. This often avoids the surgical need.
The Cardiac Cath Lab in this heart hospital in Chennai has also pioneered the use of various catheter-based therapies including:
- Complex coronary artery revascularization
- Repairing congenital heart defects that occur in children and adults
- Invasive physiologic and hemodynamic assessments
- Minimally invasive structural heart disease interventions, as well as percutaneous valve replacement, such as percutaneous mitral valve repair and transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
Heart diseases can increase the risk of heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, or loss of limbs. The staff in this Cardiac Cath Lab collaborates with other specialty areas and offers treatment for several conditions, such as coronary artery disease, heart valve disease, and peripheral vascular disease.
A Catheterization Laboratory or Cardiac Cath Lab is an examination room in the hospital where diagnostic imaging equipment is used to visualize the chambers and arteries of the heart to treat any stenosis or abnormality found.
The Frontier Lifeline Hospital has a digital Cath Lab with innovative OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) guidance systems, which are superior to the conventional angiogram. These modern systems aid both diagnostic and interventional procedures of patients belonging to all age groups.
Our Cath Lab is equipped with
- Patient couch
- A ceiling mounted Image intensifier
- Real-time ECG/ oxygen saturation/ blood pressure measurements with software to record and measure these when required
- Injector pump for imaging the aorta or left ventricle
- Diagnostic catheters
- Guide catheters and guide wires
- Angioplasty balloons
- Stents (bare metal and drug-eluting)
- Closure devices
- General nursing supplies
- Wireless Headset Systems for Cath Labs
- Reporting station
- Recovery bays
- Highly specialized General Intensive Care Unit and Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit and
- Highly sophisticated Cardiac Cath Lab aiming to provide 24×7 Primary PCI service
- A fully equipped radiology department comprising a CT scanner, digital X-rays, echocardiogram, and ultra-sonogram including TEE facilities.
The comprehensive procedures conducted in our Cardiac Cath Lab aid in diagnosing certain conditions that may include
- Constriction and restriction studies
- Coronary, renal, peripheral, carotid, and other forms of angiography
- Coronary physiology, microcirculation, and endothelial assessment
- Evaluation of complex valvular disease
- Endomyocardial biopsy
- Complete range of services for people who are undergoing organ transplants, including ultrasound and surveillance biopsies.
- Intravascular and Intracardiac ultrasound
- Right and left heart hemodynamic assessment
- Electrophysiological studies such as AV node ablation
- Rotablation of heavily calcified vessels
The procedures conducted to treat or manage your condition in our Cath Lab in Chennai may include:
- Angioplasty and stenting for (PAD) Peripheral Artery Disease affecting the legs or kidneys
- Balloon dilatation and stent placement for treating coarctation of the aorta
- Balloon atrial septostomy as a part of pulmonary atresia treatment
- Balloon valvuloplasty and transcatheter aortic valve replacements are performed to treat aortic valve stenosis and balloon valvuloplasty to treat mitral valve stenosis
- Clot removal using an aspiration device (Thrombectomy)
- Diagnosing imagining and pressure measurements
- Enhanced External Counter Pulsation (EECP) treatment
- Percutaneous mitral valve repair, a minimally invasive procedure performed in the Cardiac Cath Lab to treat mitral valve disease
- Removal of plaque with a rotating device (Atherectomy)
- Pulmonary vein stenting is performed to treat veins blocked after an ablation procedure
- Pulmonary artery angioplasty to open blocked lung arteries with chronic clots and also help improve pulmonary hypertension
- Stereotaxis magnetically assisted intervention for complex cases
- Septal ablation for treating hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Transcatheter insertion of coil or occlude to treat patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs)
- Fraction flow reserve management
- Rotational atherectomy
Our cardiologists and staff in this Cardiac Cath Lab in Chennai have an access to innovative technology for extending treatment capabilities and reducing risks. The comprehensive facilities used here increase our doctor’s ability to access or treat more complex or chronic coronary blockages without surgery in less time along with improved safety measures and enhanced success rates.